Friday, August 17, 2012

Fresh Limeade: A Simple Summer Pleasure


I feel slightly guilty posting a simple limeade as my Rick Bayless dish this week--it isn't much of an effort. On paper the three ingredients--lime, sugar and water, aren't much of a recipe but in the glass they are refreshing and delicious. The theme at I Heart Cooking Clubs is Beach Bum--dishes appropriate for the beach. A thermos of limeade would be welcome at the beach, or maybe a big icy-cold glass when you come home thirsty, tired, and pink from the sun. A simple summer pleasure. 


Fresh Limeade 
(Serves 5-6)

1 1/3 cups fresh lime juice
1 quart water (use sparkling water for a festive touch)
1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar

In a large pitcher, mix together the lime juice, water and smaller amount of sugar.  Taste and add more sugar if you think the limonada needs it. Serve over ice.


Notes/Results: Tangy and thirst-quenching on a warm day. I left mine  little stronger and less sweet, adding a glass full of ice and some sparking water to change it up a bit. A little rum would be nice too. ;-)



You can see what beach-worthy treats the other IHCC participants made this week by going to the post and following the links.

Happy Weekend!
 

9 comments:

  1. That looks so good and refreshing. It's so hot here. that would really hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb: When you get a chance let me know if Laura Child can use your Cook the Books recipes in one of her upcoming books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the pic in which cie cubes are filled in the glass... looks so refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing to feel guilty about...sometimes it's the simple pleasures!! I'll take a tall, cold glass please! ...ummmm...filled w/ this limeade ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's exactly what I feel like now! Wish I had some ice in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I agree , this is really refreshing! Nothing to feel guilty about! When the family enjoys it, it is a winner and simple is always the best!
    I made this a couple of weeks ago and my kids was asking for the "Lime Drink" again the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple is the theme this week for sure - Lovely summer cooler! Definitely what's needed on the hot sand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Personally, this was my 2nd choice for the week...and I'll likely do it anyway! I hear you...and I'll bet it blends with a lot of different choices of additives too! Thanks for giving me a peek at how it looks!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)