Thursday, April 24, 2008

Banana-Pineapple-Coconut Muffins

The Banana Snack Cake was such a hit at work and I still had two "ugly bananas" left so I decided to make something slightly healthier and found these "Calypso Muffins" also from Allrecipes.com. (Why with well over 100 cookbooks must I constantly go online for recipes?).

I made them as specified except for using the pineapple juice to cook the oats (as someone mentioned in the comments below) and also taking out the nutmeg, adding cinnamon and upping the coconut extract a bit, (I am not a nutmeg fan and wanted to taste the tropical fruit more). I also chopped some macadamia nuts, mixed them with some shredded coconut and brown sugar and sprinkled the mixture on top of the cupcakes before baking. Over all they were pretty good; very moist, maybe slightly"sticky" (for lack of a better word) from the oats and pretty flavorful. Like the snack cake, they came to work and are being demolished fairly quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)